The co-design phase of the New European Bauhaus has officially started!
The launch was announced by Commissioners Gabriel and Ferreira during a press conference on January 18th 2021.
This event also coincides with the launch of the New European Bauhaus website, which will be the key tool of the co-design phase including three fundamental features:
- A broad invitation to interested stakeholders and networks to organise conversations around the New European Bauhaus concept, supported by an “engagement toolkit”;
- A harvesting tool to collect inputs through three complementary entry points:
- Existing inspiring examples for the New European Bauhaus
- Challenges and needs that the New European Bauhaus should cater for
- Ideas for the New European Bauhaus action and community
- A call to become Partner of the New European Bauhaus.
The New European Bauhaus is a creative and interdisciplinary initiative, convening a space of encounter to design future ways of living, situated at the crossroads between art, culture, social inclusion, science and technology. It brings the Green Deal to our living places and calls for a collective effort to imagine and build a future that is sustainable, inclusive and beautiful for our minds and for our souls.
Beautiful means inclusive, accessible spaces where the dialogue between diverse cultures, disciplines, genders and ages becomes an opportunity to imagine a better place for all. It also means a more inclusive economy, where wealth is distributed and spaces are affordable.
Beautiful means sustainable solutions that create a dialogue between our built environment and the planet’s ecosytems. It means to realise regenerative approaches inspired by natural cycles that replenish resources and protect biodiversity.
Beautiful means enriching experiences that respond to needs beyond our material dimension, inspired by creativity, art and culture. It means appreciating diversity as an opportunity to learn from each other.
Further information at https://europa.eu/new-european-bauhaus/index_en